Landlords Guide to Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

Landlords who rent their property to a group of unrelated tenants often face complex legal responsibilities. This guide explains the key points.

If you’re letting out property to students or professionals who aren’t related to one another, the property may be classed as a house in multiple occupation (HMO).

In this case, you’ll need to follow strict procedures related to health and safety and may need a licence from the council. Failing to follow these rules could mean fines of up to £20,000 for the landlord.

By understanding the points explained in this guide, however, you may be able to avoid these legal difficulties.

Read the full article here:

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.