Why is Landlord Insurance So Important

Tenants are typically viewed to be of higher risk than owner-occupiers, and for this reason regular homeowner insurance policies are often invalid for tenanted homes.

Most mortgage lenders will require that you have buildings insurance in place.  Landlords building insurance will cover you against a number of eventualities, and is specifically tailored to offer a policy which covers damage that more frequently occurs in tenanted properties.  Each insurance policy differs, and you should ensure that you are aware of exactly what is covered by your own policy.

Landlord contents insurance covers the cost of any damage to contents owned by you the landlord.  It also generally protects you in the event of a theft committed by the tenant.

We have teamed up with Legal 4 Landlords, and specialist insurance broker, CETA, to offer great value landlord buildings and/or contents insurance.

Click here for a selection of quotes from some of the leading BTL specialist insurers.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.